Annotating needs to be simple and should feel like using a beautiful pen on paper to express an emotion, not like tapping a a computer.
In sketching this it became clear that only Researcher (for literature review) and Advisor (for reviews) are important:
The annotation dialogs are too much towards text, so I tried this, from the Advisors view. Easy to tag. Tags have relevant colour. I look forward to really designing this process..
I need a PDF reader for literature reviews with the following capabilities:
• Allow me to comment and highlight
• Allow me to search comments and highlighted text for all documents in an associated folder/iCloud directory
• Allow me to assign Citation information for the document
Ideally, but not critical:
• Allow me to one-click copy correct citation information into Author.
• Be compatible with Liquid | Author
What do you think, would it be useful for you as well?…
(just a thought)