The Future of Text was on Monday the 11th and Tuesday the 12th this week and I am very happy.
Day One was 10 min presentations and 5 min Q&A
This time it was hosted at the University of Southampton where I am studying for my PhD and there were quite a few of my colleagues this time, not just disparate people who come together for a day or two and then disperse.
I posted a series of pictures here: http://wordpress.liquid.info/future-of-text-2017-pictures/ and the speakers presentations are online at http://thefutureoftext.org/speaker-list.html. The videos will be up when available.
• Professor Les Carr Head of Web & Internet Science Research Group, University of Southampton
• Professor Sir Nigel Shadbolt Principal of Jesus College Oxford
• Vint Cerf co-inventor of the internet
• Stacey Mason PhD Fellow at UC Santa Cruz
• Dr. Sarah Walton author, tech & government consultant
• Mark Anderson Southampton PhD student
• Dr K Faith Lawrence King’s College London
• David Price creator of DebateGraph
• Dr Gyuri Lajos software developer
• Frode Hegland event founder & Southampton PhD student
• Doc Searls author and journalist
• Mark Bernstein of Eastgate Systems
• Keith Houston author
• Dr Paul Smart Senior Research Fellow, University of Southampton
• Pip Willcox Centre for Digital Scholarship in Oxford
• Dr Paul Groth of Elsevier Labs
• Christopher Gutteridge of the University of Southampton
• Zyxmn Daley Jes Full Stack Developer, Sparrho
• Professor Luc Moreau Former Head of the Web and Internet Science Group, University of Southampton
• Professor Dame Wendy Hall Director of Web Science Institute, University of Southampton